Quick and easy recipes - Yummyfood

Welcome Anonymous!  Please  Login or Register

Quick and easy recipes -Yummyfood: Forums

SearchSearch      ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

The Royal Wedding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerismummy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: The Royal Wedding Reply with quote

The Royal Wedding is a really big thing over here in the UK, there are street parties all over the place this Friday, and I can't wait! The Queen's last Jubilee was before I was born, Princess Diana and Prince Charles got married before I was born, and Prince William was born when I was only 3 weeks old, so I have never been around to celebrate a Royal thing! The Jubilee was a humongus affair from the photos I have seen and the buildings around that are dedicated to it, and I'm so excited that I'll get to finally experience a traditional English street party! Supermarkets are selling reels upon reels of bunting - something which I didn't actually know what it was until recently! There are commemorative plates everywhere you look, and Kate Middleton fever has taken over the country! Keri and I are going to a street party in Bedford - a town about 30 minutes from here - as we've been invited by Richards mum and dad, as opposed to one where we live. Apparently, a traditional English street party is like a giant picnic. You take your own food, plus a plate of food for the entertainers. Everything is free, so all contributions of cakes, food, bunting, balloons etc are more than welcome. As are cleaners after the event!

We went to Tesco tonight for our Royal Wedding picnic food, and we are going to have;
sandwiches - ham for Keri, smoked salmon for us Smile
quiche
sausage rolls
strawberries
bananas
cakes
crisps
cashews
soft drinks

do other countries celebrate the Royal Wedding???? How do you do it???? If you're in the UK, what are you doing to celebrate??
Kate
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you all had a great time! From what I have heard, many American's held wedding viewing parties here, some women having overnight pajama parties etc.

American block parties are just like those in the U.K, usually with people grilling meats, kids playing and much fun for all.

I know I certainly enjoyed watching the wedding on online video. I had an early morning appointment so was not able to get up to watch it live.

Guido and I wish the happy couple a long and joyous life together!
guido
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
rumors say that they postponed the honeymoon because they are already broke. Shocked
It doest look like a good start Rolling Eyes
Welcome to the real world! LOL j/k
kerismummy

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO! There are loads of rumours here actually as to why they have postponed it. The main rumour is security fears - the wedding made the government poor i guess so maybe they have to wait for the next tax year Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Yummyfood Forum Index -> The Kitchen Sink All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: