Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes
This is a variation of the famous Caprese Salad.
We use small cherry tomatoes and diced mozzarella.
For the best result, let the salad sit for an half hour before serving.
As usual the extra virgin olive oil plays a significant role in this salad. Use the best one you can afford.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 Lb Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Lb Fresh mozzarella (better if you can find Buffalo mozzarella)
- 1 Chiffonade of fresh basil
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes Directions
- Wash and halve cherry tomatoes.
- Dice mozzarella in small cubes
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
- Let sit for at least an half hour before serving.