When I have a banana that has over ripened, I peel and mash it and throw it in the freezer. When I have enough I make a double recipe of this cake.It's great with cream cheese frosting.Banana cakeanother Southern favorite.
For 8 Person(s)
Banana Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Grease a 7-1/4 x 11-1/4 x 1-1/2 inch loaf pan or a 9X2X9 inch square pan and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Break eggs into a bowl and lightly beat them.
- Add eggs to sugar and butter mixture, stirring lightly to mix.
- Combine baking soda and sour cream and add to the creamed mixture.
- Beat well, then add bananas, flour, salt and vanilla, stirring gently or mixing on low speed a few minutes.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- For a banana layer cake, double the recipe and bake in two ten inch round pans.
- This cake is good with cream cheese frosting.
This cake freezes really well. I like to frost this with a good vanilla buttercream.